Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Sweet Potato Chips

Sweet Potato Chips- Light and Crispy, healthy snack #dreamsmorerealthanrealityThe other day, a friend of mine asked me to try some of these sweet potato chips she bought. Not the part flour, part ground sweet potato kind. The plain sweet potato ones that are super healthy, yet delicious. I tried them and needed to find a bag. I went to the store and was sad at how expensive they were. So instead I decided to buy some sweet potatoes and try to make them myself.
You will need a mandoline slicer, you can try it with a knife, but the cuts won't be as consistent.
3 Sweet Potatoes
2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
1 Teaspoon Sea Salt










I did 3 sweet potatoes. Slice the potatoes and steam for 5-10. Do not let them get too soft. This helps lessen the baking process.

Sweet Potato Chips- Light and Crispy, healthy snack #dreamsmorerealthanreality
Now toss them in a bowl with the olive oil and sea salt and place on baking sheet with foil. Bake at 200 degrees for 1 hour and 10 minutes. Then let cool for 1 hour and enjoy!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment